What Kind of Help Can I Get from Gateway Healthcare Systems LLC?
Gateway Healthcare Systems LLC can provide you with almost any type of help you need that is related to Home Health Care in Lawrenceville, Georgia. The company provides nursing, personal care, home chore and companion and sitter care.
Nursing care includes:
- Wound care
- Catheter care
- Diabetic care
- Dementia care
- Diet Monitoring
- Tube feeding
- Vital Signs
- Education on disease treatment and prevention
- Patient assessments
Personal Care includes:
- Transferring in and out of bed/chair
- Medication Reminders
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Preparation
- Providing emotional support
- Changing linens
- Trash disposal
- Sitter services
The agency caregivers are all well trained, licensed and experienced in the state of Georgia. They have undergone a thorough background check. We only hire the very best staff to provide you with the very best care possible.
What Happens If I Decide to Receive Services from Gateway Healthcare Systems LLC?
1. You call the company administrator.
2. An initial conversation matching your needs with our services will be determined.
3. The agency RN will then come to your home and do an initial assessment of your needs.
4. Once the assessment is complete and your specific care requirements are determined and agreed upon, the agency RN will explain the way your care will be managed.
5. At that point, if all parties feel comfortable with the relationship, both parties, (the company representative and you or your legal representative) will sign a contractual agreement where the parties will confirm what help you need from the company and what GHS has accepted responsibility to provide for you.
6. The client will sign a contractual agreement.
7. A copy of the agreement will be given to you.
8. A book describing your care plan will be left in your home.
9. The administrator will introduce your personal care assistant / CNA to you.
10. If you are not comfortable with your caregiver, you can always ask for a replacement by calling the administrator.
Care During Holiday Periods
Our staff are paid time and a half for working on holidays, which you are expected to pay for if you ask to receive services during those periods. Holidays include New Year’s Day, Columbus Day, President’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Independence Day, Christmas Day and Veterans Day. You don’t pay for those days if you don’t need services.
Since Medicare and Medicaid typically do not pay for Long-Term Care, the payment responsibility rests on the individual or their extended family. Individuals could use their long-term care insurance or other options. The following options are considered ‘private pay’ since they are not covered by a government program.
1. Reverse Mortgage/HELOC’s, Equity Key
2. Life Insurance Policy Conversions
3. Home Care Loans
4. Long term Care Insurance
Other Assistance Programs
Many states have non-Medicaid assistance programs, sometimes referred to as nursing home diversion programs. These programs are intended to prevent or delay the placement of elderly residents in nursing homes. Many such programs will pay for or help with the cost of daytime care, especially for individuals with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Please contact the Department of Human Services or your local Area Agency on Aging to find out about state assistance programs that are available.
You or a family member will receive an invoice from Gateway Healthcare Systems LLC at the end of every two weeks for as long as you are on the agency’s regular billing cycle. The invoice will explain the services you received. At the bottom of the document, you will see your total bill. You could make your payment with cash, money order, check or bank draft. Gateway Healthcare Systems LLC expects timely payment.
All medical and non-medical care provided by Gateway Healthcare Systems LLC will be paid for out of pocket at the end of every two weeks except otherwise agreed on by both parties.